Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Party Ready

IT'S HERE!
The most awaited end of the year party is finally here!
So basically I have 2 plans for today...one is a Lunch Party with the Family at Taj and another is a Movie Party with my friends at night.
I'm going to actually show you the sequence of how I got ready for the Lunch Party cause it would be too late to blog about the other one.


 ARE YOU PARTY READY?

Pro night-before tips:
1. Alway wash your hair the night before to avoid too clean hair. Styling and setting requires 2nd day hair but to avoid the grossness of 2nd day hair wash your hair the night before!
I use the TRESemme Keratin Smooth shampoo with the Sunsilk Natural Recharge Conditioner and a dab of toni&guy Glamour Serum


2. Over-moisturize your skin after your bath to avoid dry skin the next day.
I used The Nivea Smooth Milk body lotion

3. Apply lip balm at night. Not only for occasions as such but also regularly to avoid chapped lips or pigmentation.
I use the Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry 

4. Decide your outfits beforehand to avoid hurried fashion disasters.
I always plan beforehand to avoid getting up early :P

The day:

1. If you did not wash your hair the night before be sure to use some Texturing spray or Voluminising  spray to avoid unmanageably smooth hair.
I use the toni&guy Sea Salt Spray for such situations or to even get a Beachy Hair look.
 2. Take a bath with a Scented Body Wash to have a long-lasting aroma. Apply normal amounts of body lotion and a good Light cream on your face
I use the Nivea Waterlily & Oil Body wash, The Nivea Body milk mentioned above and Lakme Perfect Radiance Light Creme.


3. If you did not plan your outfits it's not late yet. Keep all your choices on the bed and see what matches the occasion. If at all you need help contact me :P I'm always free for such stuff!

A. Outfit
If you're doing 2 things on one day be sure to either wear the came clothes which match both occasions or learn to change quickly!
I always change but I still take precautions like wearing occasion neutral clothes like today.

For the lunch today I'm wearing a Grey Wrap round style dress from a  place called Labels of Love in Dubai with opaque black tights from Atmosphere and ankle-length boots from H&M.


B. Makeup
If you aren't a beginner, leave alone a pro here are tips for you:
1. Moisturise enough to avoid flaky skin. I use Lakme Perfect Radiance as mentioned.
2. Apply a CC or BB cream for even skin tone. I use the Faces CC cream
3. Use a light Compact powder that blends well and doesn't look cake. I use the Maybelline Clear Glow (shade 04 Sand Beige)
4. Eye-makeup. I was an always one-stroke-of-liner-is-all type of a girl but lately the eye-shadows have just lured me into their world! I tried a smokey eye today, well I honestly don't know if I did justice to it. But hey! I tired okay!
I used the H&M smokey eye palette with 3 shades : White, Grey and Black. and then used the Maybelline Sketchpad Liner and the Urban Decay Ink For Eyes and the F21 Eye Brush min set.
5. I usually go for my Faces nude shades or my revlon colour Sticks but this time I tried a Victoria's Secret Red Lip Gloss and it's amazing! GO BOLD LADIES!

C. Hair







I never really do much for my hair, I have a layered cut and my hair sits perfectly for my round-face but at times when I tie a pony-tail and the shape of my hair gets compromised I use the lovely zebra pint straightener I own.
It's a Corioliss pro I got off Flipkart as an emergency substitution to my Braun one that my sister stole. This one works well too.











D. Accessorising 
I always aim for a golden or silver trend. Like my neck piece, earrings, rings and bracelets follow a common theme. I mostly own golden junk jewellery. Today I'm wearing this triangle neck-piece from F21. It's huge enough to be noticed and shiny enough to be the only jewellery I'm wearing apart from my mother's gold ring.

E. Footwear
If you're a footwear matches outfit no matter how much it hurts sorta person like me you'd probably buy all neutral coloured footwear.
As I'm wearing tights today and I want to look tall I'll go with my H&M ankle-length boots to compliment the entire outfit.

F. Perfume
Everyone likes a nice smelling person. But have you ever been in the elevator and a person walks in and the entire elevator starts smelling like the person and it gets too much into your nose and you are suffocated and waiting to get out ASAP? Yea, you don't want to be that person.
Stick to mild yet long-;asking scents. Men and Women Scents are both equally good if you hate florals like I do. I use the Escada Born In Paradise for her as it is the only floral I actually like!

So this is all for today, geez didn't I type too much? I did. I'll just make the key points bold for those in a hurry!
Lots of love 
Happy New Year 

No comments :

Post a Comment