Wednesday, February 25, 2015

How To Grow Your Hair Out | With Me

Once upon a time, there was girl with hair that reached till her butt, but then she grew up and couldn't manage it and now she has ended up with layers and frizz. 
That's my story.





So what I have decided to do is grow out my hair to have 2 distinct layers that do not make me look like a balloon, like I am now, with layered bangs only near the face. But to obtain that I need to grow out my shortest layer of hair to have equally lengthened hair.

So after "extensive research" I have finally got it all figured out. I thought that if there is anyone out there with similar problems that WE COULD DO THIS TOGETHER!!
Now you won't turn from Tinkerbell to Rapunzel overnight.


So, here are some DO's and DON'Ts


 DO's
1. Eat enough Proteins, fats, green leafy vegetables, fruits, seeds and nuts. I know it's too much but I already started this a week ago and it is absolutely amazing for your skin too.
2. Apply Oil before EVERY wash. Keep it on for 45 minutes and then do the usual washing.
3. Wash your hair with moisturising shampoos and use this TIP: when you wash your hair, massage the shampoo only into the scalp and not the ends of your hair to reduce frizz.
4. Get regular trims. Like at least every 2 months. This eliminates split-ends and dead-ends.



















5. Tie your hair up in buns or braids to let your lower head follicles breathe.
6. Use a satin pillow case apart from a cotton one to get softer hair.

DON'Ts
1. Do not wash hair everyday! It ruins the natural sebum oil that your scalp creates causing dry and frizzy hair. I wash every alternate days but they say it's best to do it every 3 days. Sigh. No.
2. Do not use very tight Hair ties...go for the ones that do not pull your hair out either.
3. Do not comb wet hair! Your hair is fragile when wet so stay away from doing so.
4. Comb your hair down to up. Like detangle knots near the ends and then slowly go upwards. Do not go straight from the root to the tip which causes a mess of knots. Trust me. I know.
5. Do not use heat. Forget blowdrying, straightening, curling...no no no.
6. Avoid colouring as much as you can cause we all know it's chemicals after all so it is bound to harm you

Now. As for the PRODUCTS to use. ( in order of usage and necessity)
1. Shampoo. I use the TRESemme Keratin Shine
2. Conditioner. I use the Sunsilk Strong and Abundant. I might shift to something else...leave comments for suggestions <3
3. Hair oil. I have this Pure Natural Coconut Oil in a bottle that my Dadi gave me so...
4. Serum. Toni&Guy Glamour Serum. It's just my most loved product <3
 all my shine is thanks to the serum <3
5. Heat Spray. I don't actually own one now because I have given up heat...But there are many good ones to choose from specially the TIGI Bed Head range.
6. Leave-in-Conditioner
7. Dry Shampoo
8. Anti-Frizz Spray
Let's Do this.

No comments :

Post a Comment