Saturday, January 31, 2015

Bell Pepper Stuffings with Cottage Cheese

well well well...



Cheers to the chef in me and my very patient Mother!
A few days back when my best friends came over they insulted me for not knowing my way around my Kitchen or Cooking, whereas I really do pull off some random stuff together!
So, today I told my Mother that I wanted to cook! And she actually appreciated my efforts as only once in eternity will the day her daughter offered to help come! So, without wasting a lot of time I decided on doing stuffed bell peppers in the Indian way!
So here are the steps:

Things required:
Eatables:
1. Bell Peppers of the small kind or flat kind ( Red, Yellow, Green - any or all! suit yourself)
(the long ones don't cook very well and may make the stuffing pour out!)
2. Cottage cheese ( Paneer)
3. Corn and Green peas
4. French beans
5. Onions
6. Tomatoes
7. Coriander
8. To taste (Masalas):
asafoetida (heeng)
Turmeric (haldi)
Red chilli powder
Dry cumin (jeera)
Dry Mango Powder ( aam chur)
Ginger Garlic Paste
 Utensils:
1. Pan with lid
2. Pressure cooker or steamer

Process:
1. Take bell peppers according to your choice of size, colour and number and chop the tops off.
2. Take a spoon and remove the inside of the bell pepper ( mainly the core) and throw the insides.
3. Steam your corn and green peas.
4. Chop some other bell peppers for taste and some french beans for the stuffing
5. Finely chop some onions ( below the onions are fried cubes of cottage cheese - refer to the 10th step first)
10. Pour some olive oil ( about 2 tbsp) and fry cubes of cottage cheese  in half tsp on Asafoetida ( the cubes must be cut small enough to fit in the bell peppers) remove the cubes from the oil and place in a bowl
6. In the same pan add some more oil and fry the onions, french beans and cut bell peppers with a tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
7. Add the steamed corn and peas to that. And let them fry for very little time.
8. Add:
half tsp of: Green chilli powder, turmeric
Half tbsp of: Dry cumin, Dry mango powder
9. Add some chopped Coriander
10. ^6
11. Add the bowl of fried cottage cheese to the mixture and toss.
12. On low flame let the veggies and cheese sit with a closed lid to get soft
13. Wait for the mixture to cool on no flag and then stuff the hollow bell peppers. Add some oil to the same pan and fry the bell peppers and make sure no stuffing comes out!
14. remove the Bell peppers from the pan.
15. Make some tomato Puree and add some salt to it while heating it
16. add the puree to the bell peppers in a pressure cooker vessel.
17. Let the Pressure cooker steam cook the total thing for upto one whistle.. .you can instagram in that time!
The dish is ready to serve!
Note: I took 4 small bell peppers and one big bell pepper, all the other vegetables were just estimations and the cottage cheese was an entire pack! I also made the tomato puree with 3 tomatoes.

sorry for the mix-up in the steps, not a pro :'(
I know the steps seem to long, but, they are easy peasy!
I hope you prepare this someday and enjoy it as much as I did! My first real Indian vegetable dish!


No comments :

Post a Comment