Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Summer Edit: Shorts and Juice

First, I sorta hate the amount of free time I have, don't you? It's like there's NOTHING to do apart from binge watching series or movies and doing stuff that won't really count as actually DOING something.
So, a tribute to my free time...I made a pair of cute pink shorts.
I know how girls just buy stuff or get stuff like clothes from relatives and it's not our size or we just hate it and have no idea what to do, well, if you have ugly or old pants which you just don't want to donate (mean like me) then this is something you should try!
I had these ugly pair of pink pants given to me and I saved them up, for this day.
The Look:


Scroll to the end of this post for the DIY instructions :D



To make your funky watermelon juice container: cut a watermelon in half, use an ice cream scooper or a spoon to remove all the pulp, put the pulp in a juicer and add sugar to taste, pour 3/4th of the juice into the watermelon, add ice or mint and keep a straw and you're good to go!

Sunglasses: Aldo, Shoes: New Look

Bag: New look, Cover scarf, top: Forever 21, 



Shorts : DIY below 
What I did:
1. I wore them, they were huge for me, but, whatever, I wore them.
2. I marked how Short I want them to be with a pencil. I them marked again but 3 inches lower.
3. I removed them and cut off from knee length, I know I marked it but I just wanted to see the fitting.
4. I then cut it from the marking which was 3 inches below my wanted length.
5. I took a pair of sharp scissors and cut the pants in places and started distressing them.
Look here to know how to distress:
6. I then thought I wanted to bleach the pants...so I took my bottle of RIN ALA and started pouring very little over only the distressed parts to make the threads showing look white not pink. I then poured it in other places like pockets and empty spaces that I didn't distress.
7. I left my pants so for about 30 minutes.
8. I then rinsed out the bleach and threw the pants in my washing machine at the fast spin mode which takes 15 minutes to wash and dry.
9. I dried my pants overnight.
10. I tried them in the morning, they were perfect! They were a little huge so I wore them unbuttoned and unzipped, crossed one layer over the other and wore a belt.
Inspiration for this:



No comments :

Post a Comment